2015 Lobster Roll Eating Contest WINNER James Burgess
Seventh Annual Lobster Roll Eating Contest Schedules Qualifying Round
LIKE LOBSTER? How about taking on an all-you-can-eat lobster roll buffet? On Saturday, September 10th at 2:00 pm, the 7th Annual Lobster Roll Eating Contest will take place at the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival. Twelve lucky contestants will be chosen to compete for this year’s title. $1,000 is on the line, with the winner receiving $600, second place taking home $250, and third place leaving with $150. The winner will receive bragging rights along with automatic entry into next year’s competition.
The ten-minute eating frenzy is sponsored by McGuirk’s Ocean View, the well-known Restaurant and Pub on Hampton Beach, NH. Home of the Seacoast’s Biggest and Best Lobster Roll, the Original “Shark Attack” and Award-Winning Chowdah. 1st Place Winner for 2015 was James Burges who wolfes down 12 lobster rolls in 10 minutes!
The sole qualifying round for 2016 will take place at McGuirk’s Ocean View Restaurant and Lounge August 17th at 6:00 pm. McGuirk’s is located at 95 Ocean Boulevard on Hampton Beach, NH.
This initial round is a hot dog eating competition to work up your appetite for the lobster rolls. The top eleven eaters from the qualifying round will receive the right to compete in the Official Hampton Beach Seafood Festival Lobster Roll Eating Contest on September 10th at 2:00 pm on the Seashell Stage
So grab a seat at McGuirk’s Ocean View on the evening of August 17th to cheer on the contenders fighting for a spot in the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival Lobster Roll Eating Contest!!!
Lobster Roll Eating Contest Registration Form.
If you would like to sign up for the 2016 contest please fill in the form below. All entries must be received by July 20, 2016. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
By Signing up for the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
Waiver, Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the 2016 Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce “Lobster Roll Eating Contest” and “Hot Dog Eating Contests” (hereinafter individually and collectively referred to as “Food Eating Contests”) and any related events and activities, I, the undersigned, for myself, my personal representatives, my heirs, successors and assigns, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I am age eighteen (18) or older and that immediately prior to the Food Eating Contests, that I will provide an agent of the Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce with the original of my driver’s license or the original of another official form of identification. I hereby authorize that the information thereon may be maintained in the files of the Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce.
- I hereby acknowledge and fully understand that Food Eating Contests are hazardous activities and by participating in such that I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of damage or serious physical and bodily injury, including, but not limited to, choking, vomiting, nausea, dizziness and/or death which might result, not only from my own actions, inactions or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions, or negligence of other parties, including but not limited to, the Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce, its Directors, officers, employees, agents ,contractors, vendors, suppliers, sponsors, and advertisers, the owners, lessors and lessees of the premises where the Food Eating Contests take place and the other participants of the Food Eating Contests (hereinafter collectively, the “Releasees”).
- I assume all of the risks identified in Clause 2 herein and I accept full personal responsibility for any all losses and expenses, medical or otherwise, caused by such damages, injury, disability or death.
- I hereby release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue, indemnify, save and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all demands, claims and causes of action brought by me or by any other third parties on behalf of the beneficiaries of my estate or the beneficiaries of any other of my estate planning documents, my heirs at law and any other parties, for any and all claims, demands, losses, expenses and damages that I or any third party suffers as a result of my participation in the Food Eating Contests and, as a consequence thereof, including but not limited to physical injuries that I sustain, my death and damages to real property or personal property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. I further agree that if a third party makes any claims or demands against any or all of the Releasees as a result of my participation in the Food Eating Contests and any damages or injuries that I sustain thereby, whether caused by my action or inaction or the action or inaction of any of the Releasees, that I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Releases from all demands, causes of action and claims that are brought by the third party for the expenses, attorney fees, losses, liabilities, damages and costs which any of the Releasees may incur as a result of such demands, causes of action or claims.
- This Waiver, Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement may not be modified in any way. If part of this Waiver, Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement is determined to be invalid by law, all other parts of this waiver shall remain valid and enforceable.
- The terms and provisions of this Waiver, Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement shall be exclusively construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire. Any and all disputes that arise between that arise hereunder shall be exclusively adjudicated by a court of competent jurisdiction situated in the State of New Hampshire.
- The provisions of this Waiver, Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement shall be binding upon my heirs at law, the executors or administrators of my estate, all of my successors in interest and me and shall inure to the benefit of the Releasees and Releasees’ successors and assigns.
I have read and fully understand the terms registering for the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival Food Eating Contests and of this Waiver, Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement and I acknowledge that I am giving up substantial legal and equitable rights that I now have or that I may in the future and that I am signing up and in Agreement freely and voluntarily.